[mou] no chat either

Milton Blomberg MJBFLWRMT at MSN.COM
Sun Jun 29 13:46:02 CDT 2008

I birded the trail in the early Sat. morning (4:30-9:30) and I did not find or hear the YB Chat reported in that region of the park.  However, I did get up to 55 species just staying in that stretch from the prairie to the RR track curve.  Near the corner where the trail turns SW, a Yellow Warbler is feeding young in a thicket of E.Buckthorn at the base of an oak tree, Cedar Waxwings doing the same thing on a lateral branch above them, Chickadees feeding fledglings, a Blue-Winged Warbler seen several times watching me from dead snags, Song and Swamp Sparrows, Willow Flycatchers, and of course about 4-5 Common Yellowthroat nesting locations could be determined.  Was able to watch a Sora in the grass marsh on the northside, along with Woodduck babies.  Last year I heard Sedge Wrens and Clay-colered Sparrows all over this place, only a couple here and there this morning, many Field Sparrows.  Other birds I heard, Black-billed Cuckoo, Scarlet Tanager, REyed and YThroated Vireos, Wood Thrush off in the distant woods. mjb