[mou] Carlton Cty and Sax Zim

Joel Claus jclaus13 at msn.com
Sun Mar 2 20:15:33 CST 2008

Saturday morning (March 1) I drove the Ditchbank Road in Northern Carlton county and found Red Crossbills, Common Redpolls, and Grey Jays along it.  I also headed up to Sax Zim to look for woodpeckers and the Hawk Owl.  I had no luck for woodpeckers on Blue Spruce road though the feeders had everything that others have been reporting.  I had more luck on Admiral Road just north of CR 27 where I had a female Black-backed woodpecker 0.1 mile north and a male Three-toed woodpecker 0.2 miles north.  No luck with the Hawk Owl despite checking the area it has been reported in three times.

Joel Claus
Eden Prairie