[mou] Dogs in Sax Zim Bog

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 10:38:57 CST 2008

Hello:

I emailed the Mesabi Humane Society, Cloquet Humane Society and a shelter in Makinen.  I fowarded all the past emails I read about the dog problem on the corner of Birch & Aspen.  By the way this is not a bird location but the problem needs to be dealt with.  I emailed Helen Abramson who informs that some of these dogs have even roamed near thier property near the Whiteface River which is about 3 miles away.

So hopefully getting the attention of the nearby shelters will prompt them to act on these free roaming dogs.  I also ask these shelters to inform the local police about these dogs and hopefully your experiences I shared with them will inspire them to visit the woman and inspect/investigate the situation to see if what sort of abuse is going on.  Hopefully this is not some sort of illegal puppy mill but it could be.  I know of a couple who basically took one of the young dogs in as it roamed on thier property and has taken it in as a pet.

If anyone else has any more bad experiences with these dogs please email me them so I can pass them along.

So hopefully something good will come from these events with these dogs.  I'll keep ya posted.

Mike

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/