[mou] wanted peregrine sightings

Jacquelyn Fallon pefgirl at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:06:25 CST 2008

I am the state coordinator for peregrine falcons, assuming responsibilities from Dr. Harrison Tordoff in 2005.

Since it is that time of year, many of you are out in the field watching birds and my come across a peregrine sighting.  In the past, many people assumed that we knew about the bird and its behavior/location.  Sometimes this is the case, but sometimes it isn't.

To cover all of the basis, I am asking that if you do see a peregrine, feel free to email me with the location and any identification you might see (banded, unbanded, adult, second year, juv.).  We now have over 50 nesting sights in the state, and many are unknown on the river or North Shore of Lake Superior.

For more information about the project, specific band information, etc., please go to www.midwestperegrine.org.  We have been recognized as having one of the most in-depth studies of peregrines in the county and I am hoping to continue the work of Dr. Pat Redig and Dr. Tordoff-coordinators of the recovery of peregrine falcons since the mid-1970's.

Sincerely,

Jackie Fallon
pefgirl at hotmail.com