[mou] Call for Owl Monitors

Debbie Waters dlpwaters at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:23:30 CST 2008

Greetings,

The Western Great Lakes Owl Monitoring Project is seeking volunteers to
complete spring owl surveys throughout the entire state of Minnesota during
April of 2008.

Volunteers are assigned a nine-mile, predetermined route that they will
survey ONCE between April 1 and 15, 2008, making five-minute stops at one
mile intervals to passively listen for calling owls (no playback used for
this project).  We have routes open all over Minnesota, though metro areas
are already filled.  Our biggest gap in coverage is western and SW
Minnesota.

The WGL Owl Monitoring project will supply maps, instructions and training
CDs to volunteers prior to April 1.

If you're interested in volunteering for a route, please email Julie
O'Connor, Volunteer Coordinator, at joconnor at hawkridge.org.  Please include
the following information in your email:

--Your full name
--Your mailing address
--Your telephone number
--Your city of residence
--How far you would be willing to drive to the start of a route.

Thank you, we hope you'll join us!
Julie

Julie O'Connor
Owl Monitoring Volunteer Coordinator