[mou] Minnesota birders trip to Costa Rica

Cole Flohr redcadence at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:08:31 CDT 2008

Hello Minnesota Birders!!

Is anyone out there interested in taking a week-long birding excursion to Costa Rica next winter? I spent part of February amongst the toucans, hummingbirds, ibises, and tanagers, and I'd love to take some birders with me the next time I go. I'm connected with another Minnesota group that supports a Costa-Rican macadamia-nut plantation with a few fabulous new cabins for eco-tourists. This is a great way to get off of the heavily tourist-beaten path in Central America and see some fabulous birds. (And take a much-needed break from the Minnesota winter.)

I'm trying to gauge interest in this type of trip. Depending on how many people come along, the cost per person would be about $2100, airfare included. I'm not soliciting for any large tourism organization or agency; this is a locally-organized trip in partnership with Costa-Rican farmers and conservationists. Please contact me directly if this sounds like something that you would like to do, or if you'd like to hear more about where we would go and activities we could participate in.

There are some pictures from February's trip taken by a Minnesota photographer at the following web address: http://www.fleetingglimpse.com/lightroom/costarica0801/index.html

Happy birding,
 redcadence at hotmail.com