[mou] [Itasca Birding] Waterfowl in Itasca County

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:43:20 CDT 2008

I had to pass through Cohasset today, so I stopped at the access on the river and saw the following species:

American Black Duck (2)
Mallard
Common Goldeneye
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup

Also, I have started my Northern Goshawk territory surveys.  I sign a form stating that I won't disclose the data, but I can say that I did have a goshawk detection this morning in Cass County.  While surveying another territory in Itasca yesterday, I heard a Brown Creeper and had a single Bohemian Waxwing fly over as well as a few redpolls.  There are many Bald Eagles showing up along Hwy 2 as well as several flocks of Blue Jays.  Bring on the migration!    Shawn Conradhttp://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/

From: earlorf at uslink.netTo: mou-net at moumn.org; mnbird at lists.mnbird.net; itasca-birding at googlegroups.comSubject: [Itasca Birding] Waterfowl in Itasca CountyDate: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:34:32 -0500

This morning I checked the open water in Cohasset near the power plant.  I found Common Goldeneye, Common Merganser, 2 Trumpeter Swans, and a Pied-billed Grebe.

Earl Orf
www.earlorfphotos.com
 --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Itasca County Birding" group. To post to this group, send email to itasca-birding at googlegroups.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to itasca-birding-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/itasca-birding?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---