[mou] Itasca Co. Canada geese & Aitken Co. rough-legged hawks

Wes Bailey jwbp54 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 08:52:28 CDT 2008

Greetings all:

Had 5 Canada geese fly over our house this morning here in Grand Rapids;
haven't heard honking in awhile. Although local lakes remain iced over the
Mississippi River does have open water east and west of Grand Rapids.

Saturday I attended the annual brush cutting event sponsored by MN
Sharp-tailed Grouse Society. The event was held at Willowsippi WMA in
northern Aitkin Co. near CR 5 & CR 18 intersection. Overall bird activity
was light but we saw several rough-legged hawks most notably along CR 5
between CR 18 and Palisade.

Wes Bailey
Grand Rapids, MN