[mou] Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge - March 15/16/2008

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Mon Mar 17 11:09:14 CDT 2008

March 15/16, 2008

Spent some time over the weekend leading groups during the afternoon at the
Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge.  Here are some of the species we
observed.

Wood Duck - Black Dog Lake - 3/15
Bufflehead - Black Dog Lake - 3/15
Ruddy Duck - Black Dog Lake - 3/15, 3/16
Bald Eagle - Black Dog Lake - 3/15, 3/16 - In addition to a number of birds
observed in flight.  We also had some nice looks
             at the pair of Eagles nesting on the South side of Long Meadow
Lake.
Peregrine Falcon - Black Dog Lake - 3/15, 3/16
Ring-billed Gull - Black Dog Lake - 3/16
Mourning Dove - Bloomingotn, Visitor Center - 3/15
Pileated Woodpecker - Bloomington, Visitor Center - 3/15, Black Dog Lake -
3/16
American Tree Sparrow - Bloomington, Visitor Center - 3/15, Black Dog Lake -
3/16
Red-winged Blackbird - Bloomington, Visitor Center - 3/15 - We also observed
a European Starling singing a perfect
                       rendition of  the Red-winged Blackbirds song.

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan at msn.com
Minnetonka, MN