[mou] South Minneapolis eagles

Rob Daves rob_daves at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 15:17:14 CDT 2008

Seeing the eagles on their nest on Long Meadow Lake Sunday with Craig Mandel's group reminded me to check the South Minneapolis nest.  Bald eagles built a nest last year just west of the 5-8 Club.  One was sitting in the nest about 2:30 p.m. today.   I didn't see the mate nearby in the few minutes that I was there.  Directions:  From Portland Avenue take 58th Street east to the 1600 block.  The nest is on the south side of the street about 100 yards west of the 5-8 Club.

Also, mallards were tipping and a ring-billed gull caught a small fish for lunch on the small amount of open water on Diamond Lake today.

Good birding to all...

Rob Daves
South Minneapolis