[mou] New Birds Today - Fillmore County

Carl Greiner cgreiner at mchsi.com
Fri Mar 21 21:16:58 CDT 2008

Hi All,

            On the commute yesterday and today (22 miles) I was happy to see
the return of avian life to Fillmore/Olmsted County. Tons of Horned Larks,
about 10 Lapland Longspurs, several Am. Kestrels, Northern Shrike, large
flocks of Robins and Redwing Blackbirds, Several Red-tail Hawks, Pheasants
(including a rooster that tried to kamikaze my jeep, I was able to avoid the
collision but it did clip my antenna), Turkeys, Juncos, Starlings, Crows, a
Meadowlark, Common Mergansers, Canada Goose, about 10-15 Killdeer ringing a
snowy hole in the middle of a cornfield.

Carl Greiner