[mou] 1 Snow Goose @ L.Byllesby

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 02:21:19 CDT 2008

I ended a day of birding at Lake Byllesby where I saw only one Snow Goose tagging along at the end of a formation of Canada Geese.? I found a single Snow Goose in a field east of Hwy 56, north of L. Byllesby, just across from the church.? I assume it was the same individual I saw in flight.? I also saw Green-winged Teal, Bufflehead, scattered Killdeer, 2 Trumpeter Swans - mostly what others are seeing.? A Northern Pintail drake was still present at 180th St. Marsh.

In counties further north, I observed Red-breasted Mergansers, Redheads, Canvasbacks, 2 Killdeer and 3 Great Blue Herons in Washington County, all close to or on the river, north of Hwy 94.? I also found Killdeer in Chisago Cty.? On Oriole Av. just north of Cty. 20 in Chisago Cty. was a Northern Shrike.

Linda Sparling