[mou] Trumpeter Swans/Duluth (Yellow Neck Bands)

sparky stensaas sparkystensaas at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:01:34 CDT 2008

Tuesday March 25, 2008

Today there were two pairs of Trumpeter Swans on the St.Louis River at the Fond du lac bridge (MN23). There was some open water on the river...Mostly frozen. (Andrew Webster noted swans here on Sunday 3/23). One bird had a yellow neck band reading P38. His mate had no neck band. In the other pair, one bird had a yellow neck band reading 68C. His mate had no neck band.

I'm guessing these are Iowa DNR reintroduction birds (I e-mailed them) but does anyone have any other thoughts?Sparky Stensaas2515 Garthus Road Wrenshall, MN 55797 218.341.3350 cell sparkystensaas at hotmail.comwww.kollathstensaas.comwww.stoneridgepress.comwww.sparkyphotos.com