[mou] Ross' Goose, Tundra Swans. etc.

Dave Bartkey screechowl at charter.net
Wed Mar 26 18:27:09 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

  I spotted a Ross' Goose today at Alexander Park in Faribault. It was on
the north riverbank near the railroad trestle. If you need directions,
please e-mail me privately.

  Also, while at Wells Lake, I viewed over 60 Tundra Swans, and maybe one or
more Trumpeter Swans. Most were sleeping so I mostly saw just white, size
wise, one looked blatantly bigger.

  There were other species present as well, a good mix-

Wood Duck

Gadwall

Green-winged Teal

American Wigeon

Canvasback

Lesser & Greater Scaup

Ring-necked Ducks

Redheads

Hooded Mergansers

Common Mergansers

Red-breasted Mergansers

Northern Shovelers

Mallards

Also present were Great Blue Herons, Cormorants, Coots and Canada Geese.

Another interesting sight today while driving out to Wells were three male
Eastern Bluebirds on a telephone line. Nice to see them again!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey

Faribault, MN

screechowl at charter.net