[mou] Greater White-fronted Geese, Sibley County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Wed Mar 26 17:38:20 CDT 2008

This afternoon I found 3 Greater White-fronted Geese among a flock of
100 or so Canada Geese on the east side of Gaylord in Sibley County.
There is a man-made pond on the east side of town on the north side of
Hwy. 19 that is attracting geese, although there is little open water
here; all the geese were sitting on either the grass surrounding the
pond or on the ice itself.

I also noticed a decent northward raptor movement this afternoon
consisting of mostly Red-tailed Hawks and American Kestrels, with
several Bald Eagles and Northern Harriers migrating as well.

I also found two residual Northern Shrikes in the county.

Spring's here! (more or less)

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County