[mou] Minnesota Owl Survey Routes Still Open

Debbie Waters dlpwaters at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:45:51 CDT 2008

Below is a message from Julie O'Connor about open owl monitoring routes in
Minnesota.
Do not reply to this email. Reply directly to her at
<mailto:joconnor at hawkridge.org> joconnor at hawkridge.org.

Greetings Minnesota Birders,

Most of our owl survey routes are filled, but we do have a handful that are
still open.  If you're in or near the following counties, and are interested
in conducting an owl survey, please contact me ASAP and I'll get you your
materials.

Southern Roseau
Cent and West Kittson
Eastern 1/2 Marshall
Northern Beltrami
NW and SE Polk
West Norman
Western Becker
Central Clay
Otter Tail
Cass
Todd
NW Grant
Aitkin
Morrison
Eastern Chippewa
Renville
Sibley
Eastern Redwood
Western Brown
Pipestone
Murray
Nobles
NW Freeborn
SW Steele

The survey is conducted ONCE between April 1 and 15, the routes we assign
are nine miles long and include ten, five-minute stops where you'll listen
and record any owls.  Instructions, protocol, certification requirements and
more details are our website (see link below).

Thank you,
Julie

Julie OConnor
Owl Monitoring Volunteer Coordinator