[mou] Shrikes

Derek Bakken spottedtowhee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 18:40:44 CDT 2008

 Hello,

I saw a shrike today on the east end of Black Dog Lake (east side of hwy
77).

It flew shortly after I got my binoculars on it and I have the gut feeling
that it was a Loggerhead Shrike and not a Northern Shrike based on the quick
look I got at it's face and the body shape.  I checked the
migration arrivals page and it showed that the median date for southern MN
would be mid March and the median for northern MN would be mid April,
thereby making the median date for central MN late March/early April.

ebird shows zero Loggerheads reported yet this year in MN and MOU shows zero

Has anyone seen a Loggerhead Shrike yet this spring?

-Derek Bakken