[mou] Cooper's new nest site

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Thu May 1 10:38:59 CDT 2008

Found that my Cooper's Hawk has found another location not far from me
for another nest attempt.  I still have not seen a second hawk.  The
second nest is more elaborate and further away from homes.  It may be
that it is a "he" and his nest building is wishful thinking or hoping
that a female will appear.  It could also be that the female stays
well out of the picture until she accepts the nest site and then the
pre-nuptials commence.  The hawk doesn't seem that bothered by my
wanderings as it's sites are along somewhat secluded walkways through
the woods where my dog and I go and it barely reacts to my unplanned
presence.

This is the same hawk that has been roosting on a bent tree at the end
of the same trail I usually take.  I feel like I am part of something
intimate and a great connection to life instead of media onslaught of
negativity.  Less and less news and more and more nature.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN