[mou] Black-Throated Green Warbler

Todd Merefield tjmerf74 at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 08:53:17 CDT 2008

Yesterday, at Fort Snelling State Park in Ramsey County, I saw my first Black-Throated Green Warbler.   There were tons of Yellow-Rumped and many Palm Warblers as well.  The highlight of the day was the Tree Swallows, there were thousands feeding on insects.  The whole surface of Snelling Lake was covered with them.   Wow, are they difficult to photograph though.   Also, I finally saw a male Wood Duck up in a tree, a strange sight, at least I think so.  Other birds were; Great Egrets, Great Blue Heron, Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Bluebirds, Turkey Vultures.

Todd Merefield