[mou] Fw: What are the requirements for posting to the list server.

Gerald Brimacombe gbrim at integra.net
Mon May 5 11:15:09 CDT 2008

I fully agree!  I too have encountered a few elitists in this group who consider it their private domain.  Heaven forbid that the word "photograph" should appear in the text of a message, while the very core of bird observation is a visual experience!  I fully realize some of the folks in the group are still dealing with dial-up, and the MOU has set up a good gallery on their website to accommodate photographic display.  But there is an attitude problem with a few of the very unfriendly cliquey types that can turn off good members. Those individuals are like the Rufous Hummingbird who sits back in his lair in full attack mode just waiting for another hummer to visit "his private"  feeder. I encountered the very same attitude in the Audubon Society a number of years ago, and know it has not changed and also why I have never rejoined.  I had an extensive, 46-page photo essay on Lake Superior published in Audubon Magazine a number of years ago, and the local chapter (I was a member at the time) refused to recognize or otherwise even acknowlege it in their newsletter . . . a cheap shot if ever there was one.  Who needs it?

Gerald B.