[mou] Sax Zim Bog...

SCmzd at aol.com SCmzd at aol.com
Mon May 5 18:57:17 CDT 2008

Had to go to Hibbing today so I took two trips through the sax zim  bog.  At
stone lake road where the stone lake rd. runs close to the lake, I  observed
approx. 300 RING NECKED ducks.  Other ducks seen in the bog  included BLUE
WINGED TEAL, MALLARD, NORTHERN SHOVELER, BUFFLEHEAD, and HOODED  MERGANSERS.  I
also observed three BROAD WINGED HAWKS, several KESTRELS,  two NORTHERN
HARRIERS, BALD EAGLE, TURKEY VULTURE, and one ROUGH LEGGED  HAWK.  Saw two GRAY JAYS
on Admiral Road.  Most interesting and  unexpected (for me anyway), a mixed
flock of 20-30 GREATER and LESSER  YELLOWLEGS on Admiral road at the now flooded
sandpit halfway down Admiral  road.  Also took some decent photos of a red
phase RUFFED GROUSE.   Happy Birding, Shawn Zierman.

favorites at AOL Food.