[mou] Carolina Wren at Crosby Park, St. Paul

Julian Sellers JulianSellers at msn.com
Tue May 6 10:24:56 CDT 2008

At about 8:30 this morning, I heard a Carolina Wren singing in Crosby Park in St. Paul.  The park is along the Mississippi, below Shepard Road, between the MN 5 bridge to Fort Snelling and the I-35E bridge.  The bird was on the south side of Crosby Lake (the big lake), roughly somewhat to the west of the center point of the lake, probably a three-quarter-mile hike from the main parking area at the west end, and a half-mile from the east end.  At this location, the paved trail is about 100 yards from the lake shore.  I didn't have time to look for the bird, but I'm positive of the song ID.

Julian
St. Paul