[mou] cc: re: [mnbird] Birding at Dodge Nature Center--Alder Flycatcher

KCTEPO00 KCTEPO00 at smumn.edu
Tue May 6 16:11:09 CDT 2008

I was just about to post about a visit to Dodge Nature Center, but Jeff Fischer beat me to it.  In addition to everything Jeff already posted, I saw:

Several ovenbirds, Hermit and Swainson's Thrushes, a courting House Wren (apparently touring his potential mate to multiple nest sites, singing at each stop; pretty neat to watch!) and a singing Alder Flycatcher, seen near the big pond west of the 'prairie' area near the main entrance.   As Jeff mentioned there were Sora- I was able to find two, in separate marshes/ponds, very close to the trail!

Kyle TePoel
St. Paul