[mou] correction: Great Minnesota Birdathon 2008!

Debbie Waters dlpwaters at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 20:17:36 CDT 2008

Hi folks,
First, a date correction: the most recent issue of Minnesota Birding listed
the GMB St. Louis Co Big Day as being held on May 24.the correct date is May
17.  The compilation brunch is being held on Sunday, May 18.

This is a FUN event!  You can choose from many categories to compete
in.non-motorized, big sit, county, statewide and there's even a category for
a youth team.  Grab your birding buddies and get out there--this is a great
excuse to go birding!

Our executive director Janelle has been gathering up great prizes for the
birdathon and I've put together a gorgeous prairie birds t-shirt--which is
FREE to each participant!  All proceeds go to help support our education &
research programs.  If you'd like more information about our programs,
contact Janelle at 218.428.6209 or jlong at hawkridge.org.  Or visit our
website at www.hawkridge.org.

Hope to see you all at the compilation brunch...

Here are the details:

Great Minnesota Birdathon 2008

Six ways to participate.
	Saturday, May 17, 2008:
		St. Louis County Big Day: The original Hawk Ridge Birdathon
	May 1-17, any 24-hour period:
		Single County Big Day
		Minnesota Statewide Big Day
		Big Sit
		Non-motorized
		Youth Team

The Great Minnesota Birdathon is a statewide event! Your team can do a Big
Day anywhere in Minnesota on any day from May 1st through the 17th. Birders
of all levels of ability are invited to form or join one of the birding
teams attempting to find as many species as possible in a 24-hour period.
Or, you can compete in other categories, such as a Big Sit, the
Non-motorized division or on a Youth Team. Prizes will be awarded for each
category.

All are invited to our Sunday Birdathon Brunch on May 18, when the species
for all events will be added up and prizes awarded! Good food, great
conversation and fun stories. Chase any rarities found after the brunch!

The Birdathon is more than just fun-it is an important means of raising
funds for Hawk Ridge programs. Therefore, we ask each team member to solicit
at least $30 in pledges or to contribute $30 as a participation fee per
person. Everyone who contributes $30 or more will receive a free Great
Minnesota Birdathon t-shirt.

For more information on this annual rite of spring-the Birdathon birding
teams, the pledges, the Birdathon Brunch-please go to our website for
downloadable forms at www.hawkridge.org or contact us at
birdathon at hawkridge.org or 218.428.6209.
__________________________
Debbie Waters