[mou] Eur Collared-Dove in Duluth

Kim R Eckert eckertkr at gmail.com
Fri May 9 10:37:30 CDT 2008

At 10:00 am today, May 9, a Eurasian Collared-Dove appeared at our
backyard bird feeders on the 1900 block of W Kent Rd in Duluth. It
stayed for ~20 minutes before flying SE across Kent Rd towards Garden
St, and it was hard to tell whether it kept going or stopped somewhere
within a block or so of here. Interestingly enough, the bird perched
for a few minutes in one of the same spruce trees where yesterday's Am
Three-toed Woodpecker was feeding! As far as I know, this represents
the first St Louis Co record, and only the second for NE Minn.  Kim
Eckert