[mou] Piping Plover/Park Point Duluth

sparky stensaas sparkystensaas at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 16:25:01 CDT 2008

Monday May12th 2pm
Park Point, Duluth, MN
300 yards SE of main airport building on lake-side (towards Wisconsin)

One PIPING PLOVER (unbanded) buffeted by 35mph wind gusts and enduring the 33 degree wind chill. I laid on the dune to get some photos and was literally sandblasted...I'm still digging the sand out of my ears!

...To paraphrase Garrison Keillor, "God gave us spring in Minnesota so that those of us who don't drink would know what a hangover is like." Amen.Sparky Stensaas 2515 Garthus Road Wrenshall, MN 55797 218.341.3350 cell sparkystensaas at hotmail.comwww.stoneridgepress.comwww.kollathstensaas.comwww.sparkyphotos.com