[mou] Detroit Lakes update

Beau Shroyer beaunshroyerduckbuster at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 15:20:53 CDT 2008

The RH woodpecker has returned and is present now at 3:10 pm.  Thousands of warblers on the city beach along west lake dr.  Birds are on the ground and very easily approachable.  A ten foot long net would catch you hundreds of them.  I identified 13 species in 2 hours;
c. yellowthroat
BT green warbler
blackburnian
magnolia
a. redstart
yellow
orange crowned
pine
nashville
palm
yellow rumped
black and white
tennessee

Also saw caspian tern and dozens of empid. flycatchers that I will not begin to try to identify.  spotted sandpiper and some peep sandpipers.