[mou] excellent morning.

Sara Rene' Martin srmartin69 at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 20:53:06 CDT 2008

If I weren't so new to birding I would have a lot more to report.  What I was able to correctly identify out my front window put a very wide grin on my face!

 a pair  of rb grosbeaks (first for me)
yellow warbler  (another first)
black and white warblers  (another)
Yellow rumped warblers
GBH
cardnals
robins
my nesting chipping sparrows
other warblers and it makes me crazy that I don't know which ones!!
what I think was a flycatcher and another beautiful tannish bird I couldn't identify.

My backyard yield not nearly so great.  Although I think I had a cat bird at my oriole feeder.  Alas, no orioles ---How do you put jelly out?  I don't have a feeder for it.  What recommendations do you have?  I have oranges sliced in a suet cage, an oriole feeder and a hummer feeder with no visitors - What am I doing wrong?

My husband put screws in my peanut feeder  - it has been knocked down again but mostly peanuts intact.  Much to the dismay of my 87 squirrels, 2 foxes, and who knows how many raccoons.  I did have a large downy on it moments ago.

What fun!  Is it always this cool?
sara
South Saint Paul