[mou] WHOOPING CRANES

John Budisalovich jbudisalovich at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 21:21:08 CDT 2008

Good Evening,

I was very excited to hear and see a pair of whooping cranes fly over our home this morning at approximately 9:30 a.m.  We (my husband and I) heard them before we saw them.  Then good luck shone upon us as they flew right over our house (in Rice Lake Township), heading east toward Lake Superior.

I then checked the Birds of North America field guide for identification purposes and sure enough, they were whooping cranes.  We then accessed the Cornell Ornithology website to hear their call, which also confirmed our sighting.

Just thought you would like to know....

Judy