[mou] Fwd: Yellow-Breasted Chat in Austin

rvjesse at aol.com rvjesse at aol.com
Sat May 17 12:59:59 CDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: rvjesse at aol.com
To: mou-net at biosci.cbs.umn.edu; mnbird at lists.mnbird.net
Sent: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:52 pm
Subject: Yellow-Breasted Chat in Austin

Hello:  This morning, May 17th, around 9:00 I observed a Yellow-Breasted Chat in our backyard along Turtle Creek in Austin.  I had walked into the back to do gardening, carrying binoculars.  Never know what one will see!!  A bird flew up from some bushes and stopped in an evergreen.  It then flew on to the ground and I got great looks from about 40 feet.  I yelled for my wife and she observed it from our upstairs window.  We observed it for another 30 seconds and then it flew off to the west along other backyards along the creek.  The area is heavy in trees and brush.   We have not observed it since.  If it does reappear I will post it on the birdlist with directions.  Our first Chat on our Minnesota list was the one by Black Dog Fen? last year just east of I-35 by Burnsville.  Thanks,  Bob Jessen,  Austin,  Mower County

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.