[mou] late migration

Dave Bartkey screechowl at charter.net
Thu May 22 06:41:02 CDT 2008

  I am still seeing Orange-crowned Warblers and White-throated Sparrows here
in Rice County too, as well as Palm, Yellow-rumped and Nashville Warblers.

  Two things which I attribute to "peak" spring migration; the arrival of
numerous Mourning and Canada Warblers, and Tennessee Warblers singing from
everywhere (so much so that their songs are still ringing in my ears at
night when I'm trying to sleep) haven't happened here yet. I have seen both
Mourning and Canada Warblers (very few), and numbers of the aforementioned
warblers and sparrow are rapidly dwindling, so I'm keeping my fingers
crossed that a huge push is still on it's way, but sometimes nature can
throw us a curveball and migration passes us by in the night. Here's to
hoping that doesn't happen!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN