[mou] Ground-nesting raptor research

emer0098 at umn.edu emer0098 at umn.edu
Thu May 22 13:26:41 CDT 2008

All:

     I find quite a few nests during my prairie chicken activities up here
in Polk County. We found 12 or 13 northern harrier nests last summer. I've
already discovered 5 short-eared owl nests and 4 northern harrier nests
this spring. Is anybody out there studying ground-nesting raptors right
now? It seems a waste to have all that data go uncollected. If anyone is
looking into any aspects dealing with ground-nesting raptors let me know.
The same goes for sharp-tailed grouse and some waterfowl. American bitterns
and others are also possibilities that we run across while nest-dragging.

PLEASE CONTACT ME USING MY SCHOOL E-MAIL
*****nathaniel.emery at und.edu*****

Nate Emery
Polk County