[mou] late migration

Stephen tapaculo at halcyon.ws
Thu May 22 21:56:36 CDT 2008

On Wednesday morning I also had a lot of late migrants, at my usual quick
check at Wood Lake: many Yellow-rumps, including adult males, and an
Orange-crowned.  But Thursday morning, the YRs were almost all gone.  One
other odd thing this year, for the first time I can remember, there has not
been even one of the normally numerous days when there are Tennessee
Warblers singing everywhere around the parks and residential areas.  Could
they have zoomed over while the YRs got stalled?  But maybe my sample is not
representative.

So far I have just seen just one pewee, and very few Red-eyed Vireos, so
maybe there is still more to come....

Stephen Greenfield
Minneapolis
tapaculo at halcyon.ws

>Subject: late migration
>From: pmegeland AT aol.com
>Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:15:37 -0400
>
>I walked around Giard Park here in Bloomington this afternoon and had 14
species of warblers, what was unusual
>was that the most common warbler was still the Yellow rump W and also had a
half dozen White-throated Sparrows as well.