[mou] help with bird ID

Gail Wieberdink wieber64 at comcast.net
Fri May 23 14:05:40 CDT 2008

Boy, this bird is getting lots of suggestions!  Here's what I've gotten so
far as possibilities:
    Eastern Wood Pewee
    Least Flycatcher
    Willow Flycatcher
    Female Cerulean Warbler
    Female Blackpoll
    Olive-sided Flycatcher
    Female Yellowrump
    Female Redstart

To my eye, the bill is a uniform color unlike many of the flycatchers but
perhaps that is lighting.  I also feel the plain tail rules out the
yellow-rump despite the hint of yellow on the shoulders.

To my eye, the bird has light feet and Sibley shows all the flycatchers with
black feet.

This was on May 4, there were many warblers present.  We saw one Least
Flycatcher.  Were other flycatchers back then?  I hadn't even thought about
a flycatcher as a possibility.

I guess the question remains, what IS this bird?? ;-)
I will update if I get more opinions.  Thanks so much to everyone who has
responded!

Gail