[mou] Red Knot, Gr White-fr Goose, Black Bear /40th Ave W Duluth

sparky stensaas sparkystensaas at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 18:47:37 CDT 2008

Saturday May 24, 2008
40th Ave West, Duluth MN
8-10am, 5-6pm

At the far NE corner of the containment area some nice mudflats/water pools.
1 RED KNOT--flew in with a Black-bellied Plover for a few minutes and then was spooked with the plover and flew off towards Interstate Island
32 DUNLIN
2 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS
3 LEAST SANDPIPERS
4 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS
3 SANDERLINGS
3 SPOTTED SANDPIPERS
2 KILLDEER
1 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE (maybe same one that was seen last week on Interstate Is.

Returned at 5pm and all shorebirds were gone...but a BLACK BEAR crossed my path as I was heading back to the car. Got a few shots of him until he saw me, climbed a little ways up a tree and then thought better of it and ran off. You got to love Duluth!
Sparky Stensaas 2515 Garthus Road Wrenshall, MN 55797 218.341.3350 cell sparkystensaas at hotmail.comwww.stoneridgepress.comwww.kollathstensaas.comwww.sparkyphotos.com