[mou] St Paul Connecticut Warbler for My BGBY List

Frank Berdan fberdan3 at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 13:14:40 CDT 2008

A Connecticut Warbler was seen in Crosby Farm this
morning at 9:15.  It was along the path closest to the
ditch that parallels I-35E’s southbound lanes.  It was
seen during an unsuccessful attempt to relocate the
Prothonotary Warbler.  Pretty good BGBY bird though.

Julian, my Big Green Big Year (self-propelled by
bicycle) list stands at 75, based from our house in St
Paul.  BGBY [walking] is just 25.  Same regrets not
getting out more.

And my BGBY-SP based from the cottage is Duluth is at
81.  Just one excursion to Park point so far (but,
hey, that’s 10 miles each way!).  BGBY [walking] is
70.

Pretty humble totals, but keeps the car in the garage
and increases my heart rate.

If others would like to reply with their BGBY lists
(walking or self-propelled) back channel, I’d be happy
to summarize for MOU-NET.  Might be convenient to do
so as you’re checking your Spring season totals this
weekend for submission to
http://moumn.org/moureports/season.html.  Look for a
BGBY summary by June 5.

Frank Berdan