[mou] Park Point update

Kim R Eckert eckertkr at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:18:32 CDT 2008

To supplement Mike's posting late this morning about Park Point in
Duluth, as of about 2:30 this afternoon, when Barb Akre and I left the
area, I'm aware of 22 warbler species seen today. (Of the 26 species
which occur regularly in Duluth, I did not hear of anyone seeing Cape
May, Pine, N Waterthrush, or Connecticut.) Of the 22 species, all but
one were between the bus turn-around area at 43rd Street and the bath
house building in the Recreation Area; the lone warbler not seen here
was a female Golden-winged in the wooded area just N of the Army
Reserve building at 15th Street.

Two Red Knots were still present on the beach on the lake side of Park
Point near the bath house around 1:30 pm, and a White-rumped Sandpiper
was with a flock of Dunlin by the ballfield.  Kim Eckert