[mou] Tufted Titmouse-Dakota Co again

Stan & Molly Jo Miller-Johnson johnson-miller at msn.com
Sat Nov 1 15:43:48 CDT 2008

I am so lucky.  The Tufted Titmouse that came very briefly on Thursday, came back yesterday and spent hours gathering safflower seeds, and has been back again intermittently today.  Maybe it felt that it had gathered enough yesterday so that it could take it a bit easier today.  I just don't get tired of watching it.  Its colors are so elegant and understated, but beautiful.  I imagine, like many birds, I am seeing it with its finest, post-molting feathers.  The titmice ( ? ) I've seen in the south have been after they have worn their feathers for many months, so this bird is just stunning to me.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Molly Jo Miller
Inver Grove Hts, Dakota Co