[mou] Common Raven (Anoka County)

premierpets at aol.com premierpets at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 14:15:31 CST 2008

Beautiful day isn't it!Around 1:00pm today (Sunday) I was walking along my pond in my front yard when I heard a raven.? I was a little shocked as it flew over my and into an oak tree east of my property.? I have alot of blue jays that hang around because of all the peanuts I offer and this raven within 1-2 minutes of landing had a blue jay bothering it.? As I walked toward the house to get the camera?It took off to the east with 4 jays chasing it.? I got in my car and drove around my dirt roads but could not find it.? I've seen them at Sherburn NWR and heard of people seeing them at CederCeek and Carlos Avery.? I love these Northern birds coming south!

Good Birding to all!
Nowthen (Anoka County)

Chris Brown