[mou] EUWI in Hennepin Co. this morning

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 14:01:24 CST 2008

Hello all-

A number of birders showed up this morning (as posted earlier) and easily relocated the drake Eurasian Wigeon on the NE shore of Northern Anderson Lake (Bloomington.) When I left at 10:05am, the bird was in the same area. However, I noticed a group of noisy Bald Eagles heading over to that area, so keep your fingers crossed.

Directions: From 169 south, turn right on 78th St./Townline. At the T intersection, turn left. After about mile or less, turn left into the parking lot that has some pines near the entrance. The duck was seen in-between the area between the parking lot and the forested area, but closer to the forested area.

I posted a so-so picture on the "Recently Seen" page:http://moumn.org/cgi-bin/recent.pl.

Total of 9 waterfowl species today and 4 Killdeer, otherwise bird biodiversity very poor due to the strong winds. Good birding~

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, MN