[mou] Eurasian Wigeon-Hennepin Co

Larry Sirvio lmsirvio at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 23:42:01 CST 2008

At noon today (Tuesday) I tried to see the Eurasian wigeon from the north side of North Anderson Lake (GE parking lot) as described in previous posts. The lighting was bad so I went to the south side. I drove south off 494 on Prairie Center Drive and turned left (east) on Prairie Lakes Drive. I followed this until I got to 10700 Prairie Lakes Drive. From there I took a path north toward the lake (on foot). The path appears to have been made by the parks people for construction of a pipeline that is pumping water into the lake. I stayed on the hill overlooking the lake and found the bird feeding alone - more or less close to the south side. It was still pretty far away though. A spotting scope is almost a necessity. I took some pics that were not very good but good enough to id the bird.
If someone wants more detail on how to get to this path - email me
lmsirvio at comcast.net