[mou] Eurasian Wigeon Identity?

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 15:14:38 CST 2008

No one has commented on the Wigeon that was found in Hennepin county about the possibility that the bird is a hybrid. Looking at Dave Cahlander's photo, it looks like the bird has a dark stripe extending behind the eye similar to an American Wigeon. I would believe that this bird is a hybrid wigeon and not an Eurasian Wigeon. Obviously, MOURC will have final say in the identity, and I did not see the bird in person, so this message is purely to suggest that this bird is not a pure Eurasian Wigeon. But an interesting find nonetheless.

Ben Fritchman