[mou] White-winged Crossbills - Rice County

Jake Langeslag jake at aquaeden.com
Sun Nov 9 16:07:01 CST 2008

Today I was pleased to see my favorite bird once again.

A flock of 9 white-winged crossbills were eating spruce cones in my yard.  I
notice that the spruce trees are loaded with cones.

Maybe this will be a good year for crossbills..

In the mid 90's I was able to find the first nest of this species in the
state - in the rather "southern" Rice county.

If these birds stick around I will be excited to look for more nests come

Jake Langeslag

Aqua Eden

Faribault, MN

Backyard Ponds, Waterfalls and Fountains