[mou] Saw weird bird today in Mounds View

Lucina Mendez eccehovenweep at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 12:27:15 CST 2008

I'm no ornithologist but I pay attention to birds, and often browse through this minnesota bird book my mom and boss both own, that they always look at.

Anyway this bird I saw today was smaller than a pigeion but bigger then a blue jay. It had a face like a sea gull, with a curved under blundt beek, a red head ( on top of his skull) that stuck up just a little, and it had a white breast with brown freckles on the left and right, but nothing in the center. It's eyes were black rimmed and were gold, and it had dark feet and wings, but I couldn't see the wings so good.

It swooped down on this glass feeder my boss has on her window, and upset three smaller birds eating their, and I don't think it liked the food because it peeked for less than 3 secounds and then flew away.

Lucina Mendez

anyway, I looked online also and couldn't find what kind of bird this was, and now I'm curious as it was that ugly. So if you can tell me what bird it was That would be appreciated.