[mou] Bohemian Waxwing, Dakota Co.

Jim Mattsson mattjim at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 14 14:16:58 CST 2008

11:00am. Nov. 14. Lake Byllesby Regional Park

A single adult Bohemian Waxwing was present with about 300 Cedar Waxwings near the campground office at the east end of Lake Byllesby. Jim Otto and I had excellent scope looks at the cinnamon crissum, bold vertical wingbar, light-tipped primaries, rufous forehead and cheeks and large black bib. The flock remained in the general area for the 2 hours we were there and tended to split into 3 or 4 subflocks. This species is probably accidental in Dakota County.

Jim
Eagan