[mou] Park Point sightings

Erik Bruhnke birdfedr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:33:06 CST 2008

This morning from 7:30am until I left for work at 11:30am, I birded the
length of Park Point. One of my favorite moments was finding an adult female
LONG-TAILED DUCK. Boy are they pretty (one of my favorite ducks)! I just
love the unique-ness of them. Also, I had 2 White-winged Scoters on the west
side of the parkinglot at the end of Park Point, and on the east side of
that parkinglot, two Surf Scoters were in view. There were lots of Common
Goldeneyes as well, and the largest group that I counted consisted of 215
Common Goldeneye. A few dozen Scaup were seen closer to the airport. I also
had one juvenile Thayer's Gull fly over. They're so cool!

I've got pictures of both scoter species from this morning, and lots of
somewhat distant Long-tailed Duck photos I took this morning. I'll post
those hopefully monday.

Other flyover observations include:
Snow Buntings
Common Redpolls