[mou] Am Golden Plovers, Chisago County

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 11:17:08 CDT 2008

    As I explored Chisago County yesterday, October 4, I found a flock of 30 American Golden Plovers circling the sod field at

the SW corner of Cty. 67 and 400th.  They flew off to the northwest without landing, but later in the day I found 2 Golden Plovers

feeding in the NW field of the same intersection.

    Elsewhere in the county I saw:

many DE Juncos and White-throated Sparrows

1 Fox Sparrow in Checkerboard County Park

2 American Pipits

1 Chestnut-sided Warbler and 1 Black-and-White Warbler at the Sunrise Unit of WIld RIver SP

1 Gray-cheeked Thrush - Checkerboard Park

Many Yellow-rumped Warblers

Small numbers of both Kinglets

Linda Sparling