[mou] LeConte's Sparrows are in season!

Doug Buri dougburi at tnics.com
Mon Oct 6 05:43:52 CDT 2008

Bob Janssen and I hosted a sparrow workshop this weekend. The better title might be "LeConte's Sparrow Workshop". Within 5 minutes of the start of the first field trip on Friday, we found LeConte's Sparrow and in the first 200 yards we estimated an additional 12-15 individuals. We found LeConte's on the field trips on Saturday and even on Sunday in the damp rainy weather we found them as well. With only a narrow window of time for LeConte's migration it looks like now is the season to get out and find them across most of Minnesota.

Doug Buri
Milbank, South Dakota