[mou] Eric Harrold's post of 10-5

jenna olsen bethelbirdlady at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:46:42 CDT 2008

Thank you for that posting, Eric.

As private citizens, we can't do it alone.  We need the clout and the finances from our central government to accomplish the goals of what I assume every birder would want; protection of the species and their habitats.  To do this, we need to elect into office persons who we believe will most likely work towards those ends.  To do otherwise is to selfishly deny our current birding opportunities to future generations.

If what one believes in is so fragile and precarious that it may never be questioned or subject to scrutiny, then maybe that belief needs to be revisited.  It's a changing world and nothing is ever static.

Democracy begins with you....tag, your it.

Jen Olsen