[mou] Gathering of geese in Washington Co.

Bill Litkey blitkey at usfamily.net
Thu Oct 9 22:37:54 CDT 2008

What seems to be an annual local gathering spot for geese is at the pasture and pond
at Hinton Ave. S and 65th St. in northern Cottage Grove.  Out of curiosity this
afternoon I counted 1,420 which included 20 - 40 Cackling Geese and 1 white-morph
Snow Goose.  This area is surrounded by housing developments and a school.  Does
anyone know of any other spot surpassing this one, besides Silver L. in Rochester,
that is situated amidst human development ?  I would think that the numbers will only
grow in the weeks ahead, too.

Bill Litkey (Oakdale)

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---